Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What We Can Learn From a Sunrise, part 1:
God does not change, but our perceptions of Him do
Yesterday I was treated to an extended, unobstructed, view of the sunrise. I had to get on the road before dawn, the highway went steadily northeast, the sun rose over my passenger side dashboard as I drove, and the clouds moved little in relation to the sun. In spite of that relatively static set of circumstances, the colors and light patterns changed dramatically as dawn changed to full morning.  
Those changes were not caused by the sun’s movement; it stayed constant. Instead, they resulted from of my movement in relation to the sun: the earth’s rotation, to a lesser extent the earth’s orbit around the sun, and lesser still my moving across the earth’s surface.  

It strikes me that the same dynamic occurs in our perception of the Son.  He has not changed, Hebrews 13:8, but  I know that my perception/understanding of Him has over the years, and even over the course of individual days. 

No comments: