Monday, December 19, 2016

Wisdom Principles: God Sees and Understands All

But whether you stand up or you sit down, whether you go out or you come in, I know it.

Yahweh's eyes rove to and fro across the whole world to support those whose hearts are loyal to him.

For his eyes keep watch on human ways, and he observes every step.22 No darkness, no shadow dark as death where wrong-doers can hide!

From heaven Yahweh looks down, he sees all the children of Adam,14 from the place where he sits he watches all who dwell on the earth;15 he alone molds their hearts, he understands all they do.

Had we forgotten the name of our God and stretched out our hands to a foreign god, 21 would not God have found this out, for he knows the secrets of the heart?

Yahweh, you examine me and know me, 2 you know when I sit, when I rise, you understand my thoughts from afar.3 You watch when I walk or lie down, you know every detail of my conduct.

4 A word is not yet on my tongue before you, Yahweh, know all about it. 5 You fence me in, behind and in front, you have laid your hand upon me. 6 Such amazing knowledge is beyond me, a height to which I cannot attain.

7 Where shall I go to escape your spirit? Where shall I flee from your presence?8 If I scale the heavens you are there, if I lie flat in Sheol, there you are.

9 If I speed away on the wings of the dawn, if I dwell beyond the ocean, 10 even there your hand will be guiding me, your right hand holding me fast.

11 I will say, 'Let the darkness cover me, and the night wrap itself around me,'12 even darkness to you is not dark, and night is as clear as the day.

13 You created my inmost self, knit me together in my mother's womb.14 For so many marvels I thank you; a wonder am I, and all your works are wonders.

You knew me through and through,15 my being held no secrets from you, when I was being formed in secret, textured in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes could see my embryo. In your book all my days were inscribed, every one that was fixed is there.

***

23 God, examine me and know my heart, test me and know my concerns. 24 Make sure that I am not on my way to ruin, and guide me on the road of eternity.

For the eyes of Yahweh observe human ways, and survey all human paths.

The eyes of Yahweh are everywhere: observing the wicked and the good.

Sheol and Perdition lie open to Yahweh; how much more the human heart!

God observes the very soul and accurately surveys the heart, listening to every word.

You know me, Yahweh, you see me, you probe my heart, which is close to yours.

For my eyes watch all their ways, these are not hidden from me, and their guilt does not escape my gaze.

I, Yahweh, search the heart, test the motives, to give each person what his conduct and his actions deserve.

Can you not buy two sparrows for a penny? And yet not one falls to the ground without your Father knowing. See also Luke 12:6

Lord, you can read everyone's heart;

No created thing is hidden from him; everything is uncovered and stretched fully open to the eyes of the one to whom we must give account of ourselves.



No comments: