Sunday, August 07, 2016

Wisdom Principles: God’s Ways Give Security

2 Samuel 22:31
As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 1:1-3
How blessed is anyone who rejects the advice of the wicked and does not take a stand in the path that sinners tread, nor a seat in company with cynics,2 but who delights in the law of Yahweh and murmurs his law day and night. 3 Such a one is like a tree planted near streams; it bears fruit in season and its leaves never wither, and every project succeeds.
Psalm 2:12
How blessed are all who take refuge in him!
Psalm 23
Yahweh is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 In grassy meadows he lets me lie. By tranquil streams he leads me 3 to restore my spirit. He guides me in paths of saving justice as befits his name.
4 Even were I to walk in a ravine as dark as death I should fear no danger, for you are at my side. Your staff and your crook are there to soothe me.
5 You prepare a table for me under the eyes of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup brims over.
6 Kindness and faithful love pursue me every day of my life. I make my home in the house of Yahweh for all time to come.
Psalm 25:3
No one is disgraced who waits for you
Psalm 34:5
Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that Yahweh is good. How blessed are those who take refuge in him.
Psalm 37:3-7
Put your trust in Yahweh and do right, make your home in the land and live secure.4 Make Yahweh your joy and he will give you your heart's desires.5 Commit your destiny to Yahweh, be confident in him, and he will act,
6 making your uprightness clear as daylight, and the justice of your cause as the noon.
Psalm 37:18-19
The lives of the just are in Yahweh's care, their birthright will endure for ever;19 they will not be put to shame when bad times come, in time of famine they will have plenty.
Psalm 37:27-29
Turn your back on evil and do good, you will have a home for ever,
28 for Yahweh loves justice and will not forsake his faithful. Evil-doers will perish eternally, the descendants of the wicked be annihilated,
29 but the upright shall have the land for their own, there they shall live for ever.
Psalm 37:34
Put your hope in Yahweh, keep to his path, he will raise you up to make the land your own; you will look on while the wicked are annihilated.
Psalm 37:39-40
The upright have Yahweh for their Saviour, their refuge in times of trouble;40 Yahweh helps them and rescues them, he will rescue them from the wicked, and save them because they take refuge in him.
Psalm 40:4
How blessed are those who put their trust in Yahweh
Psalm 91:9-8
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.
Psalm 119:6
I shall not be ashamed if my gaze is fixed on your commandments
Proverbs 2:11-15
Discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you; 12 Saving you from the way of the wicked, from those whose speech is perverse.13 From those who have left the straight paths to walk in the ways of darkness, 14 Who delight in doing evil and celebrate perversity; 15 Whose ways are crooked, whose paths are devious;
Proverbs 3:21-26
My son, do not let these slip from your sight: hold to deliberation and planning; 22 So will they be life to your soul, and an adornment for your neck. 23 Then you may go your way securely; your foot will never stumble; 24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you rest, your sleep will be sweet. 25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror, of the ruin of the wicked when it comes; 26 For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from the snare.
Proverbs 4:6
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
Proverbs 14:8
The wisdom of the shrewd enlightens their way
Proverbs 14:26-27
The fear of the Lord is a strong defense, a refuge even for one’s children. 27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning one from the snares of death.
Proverbs 16:20
Whoever listens closely to the word finds happiness; whoever trusts Yahweh is blessed.
Proverbs 19:16
He who keeps the commandment keeps his life
Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.
Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Sirach 2:6-11
Trust him and he will uphold you, follow a straight path and hope in him.
7 You who fear the Lord, wait for his mercy; do not turn aside, for fear you fall.
8 You who fear the Lord, trust him, and you will not be robbed of your reward.
9 You who fear the Lord, hope for those good gifts of his, everlasting joy and mercy.
10 Look at the generations of old and see: whoever trusted in the Lord and was put to shame? Or whoever, steadfastly fearing him, was forsaken? Or whoever called to him and was ignored?
11 For the Lord is compassionate and merciful, he forgives sins and saves in the time of distress.
Sirach 4:15
Those who obey her will give sound judgments; those who pay attention to her have true security.
Sirach 11:1
The wisdom of the poor lifts their head high and sets them among princes.
Sirach 15:4
Rely on her for support, and you will never know the disgrace of failure.
Sirach 24:22
Whoever obeys me will not be put to shame, and those who serve me will never go astray.
Isaiah 28:16
Therefore, thus says the Lord God: See, I am laying a stone in Zion, a stone that has been tested, a precious cornerstone as a sure foundation; whoever puts faith in it will not waver.
Isaiah 50:7-9
Lord Yahweh comes to my help, this is why insult has not touched me, this is why I have set my face like flint and know that I shall not be put to shame.8 He who grants me saving justice is near! Who will bring a case against me? Let us appear in court together! Who has a case against me? Let him approach me!9 Look, Lord Yahweh is coming to my help! Who dares condemn me? Look at them, all falling apart like moth-eaten clothes!
Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is anyone who trusts in Yahweh, with Yahweh to rely on. 8 Such a person is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it has nothing to fear, its foliage stays green; untroubled in a year of drought, it never stops bearing fruit.
Malachi 3:13-21
“You have said harsh things about me,” says Yahweh. And yet you say, "What have we said against you?"14 You have said, "It is useless to serve God; what is the good of keeping his commands or of walking mournfully before Yahweh Sabaoth? 15 In fact, we now call the proud the happy ones; the evil-doers are the ones who prosper; they put God to the test, yet come to no harm!"
16 Then those who feared Yahweh talked to one another about this, and Yahweh took note and listened; and a book of remembrance was written in his presence recording those who feared him and kept his name in mind.17 “On the day when I act, says Yahweh Sabaoth, they will be my most prized possession, and I shall spare them in the way a man spares the son who serves him.18 Then once again you will see the difference between the upright person and the wicked one, between the one who serves God and the one who does not serve him.”
19 “For look, the Day is coming, glowing like a furnace. All the proud and all the evil-doers will be the stubble, and the Day, when it comes, will set them ablaze, says Yahweh Sabaoth, leaving them neither root nor branch. 20 But for you who fear my name, the Sun of justice will rise with healing in his rays, and you will come out leaping like calves from the stall, 21 and trample on the wicked, who will be like ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act, says Yahweh Sabaoth.”
Matthew 12:50
Whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Mark 3:35
Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.
Luke 11:28
Blessed [] are those who hear the word of God and keep it!
Luke 10:28
Do this and you will live.
John 8:12
“I am the light of the world,” he said. “Whoever follows me will have the light of life and will never walk in darkness.”
John 15:5
I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit
Philippians 4:7
God's peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness
1 Peter 2:6
Behold, I am laying a stone in Zion, a cornerstone, chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in it shall not be put to shame
1 Peter 3:12-15
For the Lord watches over the righteous and listens to their prayers; but he opposes those who do evil. 13 Who will harm you if you are eager to do what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for doing what is right, how happy you are! Do not be afraid of anyone, and do not worry. 15 But have reverence for Christ in your hearts, and honor him as Lord. Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you
1 John 2:5
But whoever keeps his word, the love of God is truly perfected in him. This is the way we may know that we are in union with him

No comments: