Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wisdom principles: We Grow in Godliness Over Time, Gradually

Proverbs 1:5
The wise by hearing them will advance in learning, the intelligent will gain sound guidance
Proverbs 4:18
The path of the just is like shining light, that grows in brilliance till perfect day.
Proverbs 10:17
He who heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof goes astray.
Proverbs 24:3-4
By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Sirach 6:18-19
My son, from your youth up choose instruction, and until you are old you will keep finding wisdom.19 Come to her like one who plows and sows, and wait for her good harvest. For in her service you will toil a little while, and soon you will eat of her produce.
Sirach 6:27-28
Search out and seek, and she will become known to you; and when you get hold of her, do not let her go. 28 For at last you will find the rest she gives, and she will be changed into joy for you.
Sirach 24:30-33
Now I, like a stream from a river, and like water channeling into a garden31 I said, “I will water my plants, I will drench my flower beds.” Then suddenly this stream of mine became a river, and this river of mine became a sea.32 Again I will make my teachings shine forth like the dawn; I will spread their brightness afar off. 33 Again I will pour out instruction like prophecy and bestow it on generations yet to come.
Matthew 9:14-15
Then the disciples of John came to him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?” 15 And Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? The days will come, when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.
Ephesians 3:16
Be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self
Philippians 3:10-16
All I want is to know Christ and to experience the power of his resurrection, to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death, 11 in the hope that I myself will be raised from death to life. 12 I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself. 13 Of course, my friends, I really do not think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. 14 So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the life above. 15 All of us who are spiritually mature should have this same attitude. But if some of you have a different attitude, God will make this clear to you. 16 However that may be, let us go forward according to the same rules we have followed until now.
Colossians 1:9-12
And so, from the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 to lead a life worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.
Colossians 3:10
Put on the new nature, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
2 Peter 1:5-8
Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: