Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Wisdom Principles: Living in God's Presence

Genesis 17:1
When Abram was ninety-nine years old Yahweh appeared to him and said, 'I am El Shaddai. Live in my presence, be perfect
Deuteronomy 6:6-9
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 11:18-20
Remember these commands and cherish them. Tie them on your arms and wear them on your foreheads as a reminder. 19 Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you are resting and when you are working. 20 Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates. 
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success.
Psalm 91:1-2
You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shade of the Almighty,Say to the Lord, “My refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:14-15
Because he clings to me I will deliver him; because he knows my name I will set him on high. 15 He will call upon me and I will answer; I will be with him in distress; I will deliver him and give him honor.
Proverbs 3:3
Never let go of loyalty and faithfulness. Tie them around your neck; write them on your heart.
Proverbs 4:8
Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her,[a] and she will bring you honor.
Proverbs 4:13
Hold fast to instruction, never let it go; keep it, for it is your life.
Proverbs 7:1-4
My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; keep my commandments and live, keep my teachings as the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers, write them on the tablet of your heart.Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” and call insight your intimate friend
Proverbs 8:34
Happy is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors.
Wisdom 8:9
So I determined to take [Wisdom] to live with me, knowing that she would be my counselor while all was well, and my comfort in care and grief.
Wisdom 8:16-18
Entering my house, I shall take my repose beside her; for association with her involves no bitterness and living with her no grief, but rather joy and gladness.17 Reflecting on these things, and considering in my heart that immortality lies in kinship with Wisdom,18 great delight in love of her, and unfailing riches in the works of her hands; and that in associating with her there is prudence, and fair renown in sharing her discourses, I went about seeking to take her for my own.
Sirach 14:20-15:6
Blessed is the man who meditates on wisdom and who reasons intelligently. 21He who reflects in his mind on her ways will also ponder her secrets. 22 Pursue wisdom like a hunter, and lie in wait on her paths.
23 He who peers through her windows will also listen at her doors; 24 he who encamps near her house will also fasten his tent peg to her walls;25 he will pitch his tent near her, and will lodge in an excellent lodging place;
26 he will place his children under her shelter, and will camp under her boughs; 27 he will be sheltered by her from the heat, and will dwell in the midst of her glory.
15 The man who fears the Lord will do this, and he who holds to the law will obtain wisdom. She will come to meet him like a mother, and like the wife of his youth she will welcome him.She will feed him with the bread of understanding, and give him the water of wisdom to drink.He will lean on her and will not fall, and he will rely on her and will not be put to shame.
She will exalt him above his neighbors, and will open his mouth in the midst of the assembly.He will find gladness and a crown of rejoicing, and will acquire an everlasting name.
John 14:23
Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
John 15:4-11
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
Romans 8:14-16
All who are guided by the Spirit of God are sons of God; 15 for what you received was not the spirit of slavery to bring you back into fear; you received the Spirit of adoption, enabling us to cry out, 'Abba, Father!'16 The Spirit himself joins with our spirit to bear witness that we are children of God.
Galatians 2:20
I am alive; yet it is no longer I, but Christ living in me. The life that I am now living, subject to the limitation of human nature, I am living in faith, faith in the Son of God  who loved me and gave himself for me.
Ephesians 3:14-20
I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Colossians 2:7
[Be] rooted in him and built upon him and established in the faith as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
Colossians  3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
Hebrews 4:10
Whoever enters into God’s rest, rests from his own works as God did from his.
James 1:21-25
Receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if any one is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who observes his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer that forgets but a doer that acts, he shall be blessed in his doing.

No comments: