Thursday, May 21, 2020

Jeremiah 29:12-14 annotated

When you call to me and come and pray to me, I shall listen to you. When you search for me, you will find me; when you search wholeheartedly for me, I shall let you find me (Yahweh declares. I shall restore your fortunes and gather you in from all the nations and wherever I have driven you, Yahweh declares. I shall bring you back to the place from which I exiled you).


callקָרָא = qara'
to call unto, cry (for help); the idea of accosting a person met; cried out aloud; call upon

comeהָלַךְ = halak
to go; proceed, move; enter; follow; go along; to go with, have intercourse with; to go after; pursue; to follow ant manner of life; to go forward in anything

prayפָּלַל= palal
to intervene, interpose, pray; to intercede; intreat; make supplication

listenשָׁמַע= shama`
to hear, listen to; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention ....); consider

searchבָּקַשׁ= baqash
to seek, require, desire, exact, request; to seek to find; to seek the face; to ask, request; to search out; to strive after:—ask, beg, beseech, desire, enquire; to examine; to entreat, to supplicate

searchדָּרַשׁ= darash
to resort to, seek, seek with care, enquire, require; to seek deity in prayer and worship; to practice, study, follow, seek with application; to follow (for pursuit or search); diligently, inquire, make inquisition; to learn, to study: frequent; apply oneself; to take care for

findמָצָא= matsa'
secure, acquire, get (thing sought); to meet, encounter; to detect; to be in the possession of; to cause to find, attain; to receive; to wish to find; to be acquired by

wholeheartedlyכֹּל = kol
all, the whole of; totality, everything; all, any or every; of all kinds, every sort; altogether

restoreשׁוּב= shuwb
to return, turn back; to restore, refresh, repair; to bring back, make requital, pay (as recompense); the idea of return to the starting point; cease; convert; rescue, restore, retrieve; reverse; take back; withdraw; to turn oneself; revoke, make void

gatherקָבַץ= qabats
to gather, assemble; collect; congregate

No comments: